Thursday, April 15, 2010

What to do...

So I searched for therapists that deal with PTSD and trauma. And to my (not so) surprise, when I went and had my first session with one, I went away feeling not believed and like I was making stuff out of nothing. Even though I told him I wanted to focus on the 'events' (his words) that happened at the hospital, he kept asking slightly irrelevant questions that I had already answered. I know part of that is standard practice trying to 'wear down' people who need to answer yes to those questions.

The only positive (in some freaky way) thing from the visit was that I got to go through everything, out loud that happened, not bothered by how I reacted and someone said "that sounds bad" which helped in some weird way. I'm not going back though. I've decided to try the counseling center on campus, where some younger, fresher minds might take me more seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment